Black and White






Finally!!! I have completed my 2x2 inch squares and am sending them off to Monica along with a brief synopsis.
Here is a copy of that, and photo's of my contribution for the cause.

Between May of 2005 and December of 2006, this horrific disease claimed the lives of two of my beautiful, young, magnificently vibrant, female cousins.
YES, absolutely, this cause is extremely personal and tremendously important to me as well as to my family. As is obvious in my choice of colors, or lack there-of, I am still grief stricken and angry.
Hence....the black-lots of it.
But then again, sometimes such is life, black and white. That is when I know I must search for perspective. Life wants me to learn something, do something. So............................I take the black and the white
and I
go make ART

10 comments:

Pigtails said...

hI, would you like to enter my conteston my blog? tHere's a prize.

girlgonethreadwild said...

Gloria, my jaw dropped at the sight of these... the RAWness, the ANGST. You really plowed through the pain to create these, that part is very obvious. Your squares pack a powerful punch in this fight. If it's ok with you, I'd def like to share your squares in a more personable post on my blog to include your commentary. Thank you for sharing your story. I now I said it before but I really am honored to be involved in this project with you. ~Monica

Cathie said...

Gloria - I saw your squares and I HAD to come and visit your wonderful blog. What a talented lady you are -- your art speaks volumes. I will be back to visit you often.

Jo James said...

I had to come say hi after seeing your wonderful squares.
Very good.

Unknown said...

I was just scrolling through the sqaures and yours caught my eye. They are beautifully done! Your story is heartfelt and thank you for sharing.
Karla

Gretchen M said...

Thanks for stopping by & posting such a nice comment, I'm honored to be included with such creative women!

GraceBeading said...

Beautiful and powerful squares. I'm sorry to hear about your nieces. Your honesty about your feelings is awe inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.