PHILosophy series #07 "Conversations with God"



I've completed my little quilt and will be mailing it off to Monica by tomorrow, but in the meantime here's a look.
I hope I've done justice to the other artisans, who's squares I chose to use. I 'd love to give them credit by name, but the names were not labeled on their art. Well, if you happen upon this blog, you know who you are, and I thank you.
The black strap you see on the left hand center of this piece, is the back hook and eye closure of a brassiere. I thought it to be fitting. It opens to reveal a bit of text. Sorry about the slight distortion on the bottom face, and stripes. That must have happened during the scanning.
Anyway, the art, joy and optimism of Monica and the Pink Artists has encouraged me to spend more time tending to my creative side. I sincerely thank them for that, and for all they've done for the Susan G. Komen foundation.

2 comments:

Our Hands For Hope said...

Gloria,
I was taken by your quilt art piece for Monica. There is alot of spirit in your piece. Thank you for doing it. It touched me...
Blessings,
Terisa

girlgonethreadwild said...

Gloria, I can't say enough how your art piece has OPENED MY EYES, your contribution made my heart GLOW. Your talents and gifts to the pink artist project have been so aweinspiring! You've touched so many lives, including mine. Thank you so very much!